Things are going pretty well!
- I mentioned some trouble with my bff under f-lock, but he hasn't hinted at any issues, so that's good.
- I also got sucked back into Game of Thrones
this season—not in a fic/meta way, but in a reading lots of fic and reblogging things
- Suppressing the urge to respond to every 'yeah pretty much except *quibble*' to a LOK post
with NO YOU'RE WRONG THIS IS WHY. But I stand by my opinion that a) Korra was completely justified in her anger at Tonraq and Tenzin in S2, b) Korra was completely unjustified in her treatment of Mako at the same time, c) lighting unarmed people on fire is always morally dubious, d) LOK fandom was absurdly awful in their interpretations of S1-S2, and e) a lot of that came down to ill-advised pacing and structure in those seasons. WE WILL NEVER AGREE ABOUT THIS THERE IS NO POINT.
- I followed a long-time supportive follower who turns out to be into a lot of the same things and also a SJ person taking on the extremes of SJ Tumblr. She reblogs and writes a lot of anti-gatekeeping, so I've ended up reading and appreciating those, but it also introduced me to the fuckery of 'SGA' rhetoric, which as an ace lesbian raised Mormon is ... not a trigger per se
, but certainly viscerally repulsive
. So I've ranted about that a bit. I'm honestly very, very relieved that everyone I know (and some I don't) have been supportive about it because THE FUCK???? (I'm also annoyed as a quietly androgynous person, but the Actual Conversion Therapy Term component kiiiinda overwhelms everything else.)
- Practicing my Spanish on Duolingo
, this involves occasional screaming. LOOK LA AMO IS COMPLETELY LEGIT.
- istg I will finish the already-late chapter of my longfic (we get dark, only to shine
, my Very Problematic and yet also very pretentious Borgias fic)